Friday 13 May 2011

Interesting things I've learned these past days.

While bored at work at my school's library, I thought that I'd do some reading for a change. I found this really old book by Robert Lynd (1921), and the title really caught my attention. It read, "The Pleasure of Ignorance." I was always taught that ignorance sucked and that knowledge was the 'key' to success. But what I gathered was that, ignorance is bliss for the very reason of discovery. Can you remember how you felt when you first solved a really hard math problem on your own. Really smart right!? Had it not been for ignorance, you wouldn't have experienced the joy of finally being in the 'know.'
Sometimes we probably shouldn't rush knowing things before its time, because then we lose out on the fun. I don't know everything just yet, and to me, that's truly the joy of living:)

2 comments:

  1. Hiya darling!..Continue to follow me! Thnx for my first comment:)

    ReplyDelete